|2016-2017 Program Catalog|
Help Your Business Reach Strategic Goals
Have you ever noticed how some organizations are great at setting goals, but fall short on the follow-through? The skills you gain through the Accelerated Online Program for Adult Learners in Business Analytics equips you to help any company achieve its strategic goals through improved decision-making that’s based on evidence. Armed with the skills and knowledge you’ll gain through your coursework, you’ll be ready to become a true change agent in your organization, able to bring about positive results.
Students who choose this concentration come from a variety of backgrounds including marketing, business, finance, and information technology. The courses are highly experiential and will give you practical hands on opportunities to prescribe and produce different methods, models and data which will allow decision-makers to have a clearer understanding of their options and the potential outcomes.
By the time you complete the coursework required for the Business Analytics concentration, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the potential impact of implementing different solutions to solve business problems;
- Investigate key trends in information technology and apply these new trends in a given context;
- Utilize math and programming skills for a comprehensive understanding of the present and potential future states of an organization;
- Apply complex, technical concepts to make sound business decisions using quantitative methods.
Career and Earnings Outlook
The business analyst’s career path can follow many directions, but all bring together the fields of IT and business. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, management analysts can anticipate 24% job growth through 2018, far above the average across all occupations. Demand from both government entities and the private sector are responsible for this high growth rate. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics stated the average annual salary for the following business analyst titles:
|Title||Average Annual Salary|
|Computer Systems Analyst||$82,710|
|Information Security Analyst||$88,890|
Core Business Analytics courses include:
|Complete 20 credit hours of the following Concentration courses:|
|MEBA 375||Statistics for Managers||(3 credits)|
|MEBA 382||Research Design and Methodology||(3 credits)|
|ANLY 400||Analytics Tools and Techniques||(4 credits)|
|MEBA 472||Business Intelligence and Decision Making||(3 credits)|
|MEBA 482||Quantitative Methods in Managerial Decision Making||(4 credits)|
|MEBA 485||Marketing Analytics||(3 credits)|
* A few of the courses in this concentration earn four hours credit. When enrolled in these courses, you will spend additional time connecting with your instructor and completing special in-depth assignments that give you a deeper knowledge of the subject than would otherwise be possible.