Easy Online Application; Streamlined Admission Decision
Harrisburg University’s Accelerated Online Bachelor’s Degree Program is committed to offering advanced, career focused educational opportunities to professional working adults from all backgrounds. We know your time is at a premium, so we make applying for admission as easy as possible. In fact, you can apply online right from the link on this page.
Do You Qualify for Advanced Standing?
You can earn advanced standing at the University in several ways:
- Transfer of credit from another institution
- Credit for armed services training
- Successful prior learning assessment
If you’ve received advanced standing and haven’t already earned a degree, your classification will be based on the total credits the University accepts. If you have already earned a bachelor’s degree and are working toward another, you will automatically be classified as a fourth-year student.
An articulation agreement with another institution of higher education permits students enrolled in certain associate degree programs to transfer credits into specific degree programs at the University. The University has articulation agreement with the following institutions:
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Mon Valley Career & Technical Center
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Lebanon County Career & Technical Center
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
- Reading Muhlenberg Career & Technical Center
- Hussian College, School of Art
- Cumberland Perry Area Vocational Technical School
Additional articulation agreements are being pursued with various institutions of higher education.
Liberal Credit Transfers
You can transfer up to 87 credits toward your Online Bachelor’s Degree but no more than 70 of these hours can be earned at a two-year institution. We want to give you the maximum credit possible for your past work.
In lieu of articulation agreements, academic credit earned at another U.S. higher educational institution for college-level work is awarded when:
- a final grade of “C” (not “C-”) or higher is earned;
- a course is a reasonable substitute of a University course;
- the course is a reasonable substitute for competencies associated with one of the general education requirements; and,
- the course is considered college-level work, worthy of elective credit in the student’s intended program of study and the student has sufficient unsatisfied elective credit requirements to which this course may be applied.
|Students need to earn 120* total credits comprised of the following domains:|
|General Education||30 credits|
|Program Requirements||48-50 credits|
|Experiential Learning||12 credits|
*Students may transfer in a maximum of 87 credits or 70 credits from a two-year institution. Students must complete 33 credits in residence at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. Students must earn a cumulative 2.00 GPA or higher in all coursework and must successfully complete all of the requirements of the declared program of study for which the degree is to be awarded.
Online Bachelor’s Degree Program Admission Timeline
We recommend you submit your application at least 30 days prior to any seven-week-session start date. By applying 30 days out, you’ll have plenty of time to have your application accepted, develop an academic schedule for your degree program, and have financial aid applications processed (if applicable). You can choose either 100% online or blended format courses. You can enter the program at the beginning of any of the six session start dates:
Steps to Get Started
- Meet one-on-one with the Admissions counselor who will answer your questions and help you get off to a fast start. This meeting can be by phone, in person, remotely – your choice. You can set up this informal chat by calling 717-901-5109.
- Apply online through the link below or, if you prefer, you can complete a paper application that’s available from the Admissions Office.
- Submit all official college transcripts, if applicable, for all colleges, universities or career/trade schools you’ve attended whether or not academic credit was earned. For previous courses to be counted toward your Accelerated Online Bachelor’s Degree Program, a letter grade of C or higher is required. You will also need to submit any professional, work-and-association/industry related professional development certificates and syllabi for credit evaluation.
- Write and submit a personal goal statement that includes your professional goals, your current work experience and how you plan to use your HU degree.
- Submit a professional résumé and one letter of recommendation.
Note: If English is not your first language, please also submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Apply Now! 717-901-5109