Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is a private non-profit STEM-focused comprehensive university located in Harrisburg, PA. Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, HU’s on campus programs are home to more than 4,100 students from 75 countries.
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
- Only non-profit science and technology-focused comprehensive non-profit university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Supports the academic success of members of groups historically under-represented in applied science and technology fields
- Private not-for-profit 501(c)(3) university
- Incorporated in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education: June 22, 2009
- Signature 16-story $73-million state-of-the-art Academic Center
- Wireless campus encompassing Strawberry Square
- Articulation agreements with other education institutions such as community College of Philadelphia, Harrisburg Area Community College and others allow for seamless transfer credits
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 13 to 1
- HU has NOT raised tuition in the last 4 years
J. Randall Grespin, Chair of the Board of Trustees
Eric D. Darr, Ph.D., President
Duane F. Maun, CPA, Vice President for Finance
Bilita Mattes, Ed.D., Provost
Learning Goals & Learning Assessment at HU
Your education at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is comprehensive and complete. Technical expertise goes hand-in-hand with ethical decision making and teamwork. Critical thinking incorporates global awareness. And, information literacy drives everything we do.
As a student you will demonstrate mastery of eight university-wide competencies upon graduation: Critical Thinking; Communication; Teamwork and Collaboration; Entrepreneurship; Information Literacy; Ethical Decision Making; Global Awareness; Civic Engagement. Regardless of a student’s major, employers and community leaders desire these core competencies; they also serve the broader purpose of preparation for life and citizenship!
Your learning around each of the University competencies will focus on assessment activities. As a student you will demonstrate your learning assessment which is anchored in the use of ePortfolios throughout your program of study. The University is committed to improve its program offerings by comparing your assessment outcomes to the program and course goals.